Kingsisle Free Games Forum
Welcome to KingsIsle Free Games Forum! Please login or register!
Welcome to KingsIsle Free Games Forum! Please login or register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site about KingsIsle Free Games.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to KingsIsle Free Games Forum! Thank you for visiting!
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Guide to the Chat Box

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luke
Luke

Gaming Crowns : 234
Good Member Points : 17

Guide to the Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Guide to the Chat Box   Guide to the Chat Box Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Guide to the Chat B0x

You can find the full KI Free Games Forum Chat Box here.

You can find the partial KI Free Games Forum Chat Box at the top of the Forum page here.

Please remember that only those that have registered as members with KI Free Games Forum are able to access and view the Chatbox. If you are reading this and haven't registered yet, please do so here.

After you are registered, you can access the chat box by clicking "Log In" at the upper right of the chat box. When you have clicked this, recent messages by members will be shown, unless a moderator has cleared the chat.

If you would like to communicate with your fellow members using the chat box, find "Message:" and type into the clear box beside it.

Of course, before chatting, look to the left barrier of the chatbox to view the online users of the chat. This feature is helpful because it lets you know who you're talking to. If you see an @ next to a members name, it sites that they are a moderator that can moderate the chat box. Chat moderators can clear chat, warn members, and ban members if necessary. They are the authority of the chat box.

Here are some chat box controls for regular members:

/me - In the beginning of a sentence, this command will be replaced by your username (ex: /me eats a delicious pizza" will display "Nickname eats a delicious pizza")

/exit (can also use Log out at the top right hand corner) - Disconnect from the Chatbox. You can also precise the reason that will be visible for all members connected (ex: /exit reason)

/abs or /away - Send a message noticing that you're absent. You can add a reason that will be displayed in the message and visible by all members connected to the Chatbox. [ex: /abs (or /away) reason]

All forum rules do apply in the chat box:
https://kifgforum.forumotion.com/t5-forum-rules

Sometimes when you enter the chat box, there will be a conversation going on that you can only understand if you read the previous text. A helpful feature to assist you with this would be to unlick the "Auto refresh" feature. This prevents members new messages from interrupting your reading. Watch out though, as a moderator may clear the chat without warning.

Also, no spam will be tolerated.

Spam is:
  • to send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

(Pictures will be added as soon as possible)

Thank you,
Luke

Last edited by Luke on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : homepage partial chat box was moved to top)
Back to top Go down
Derp
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Gaming Crowns : 75
Good Member Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Guide to the Chat Box   Guide to the Chat Box Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Very Helpful! Thanks Luke! Great guide :3
Back to top Go down
laminrk
Apprentice Gamer
Apprentice Gamer

Gaming Crowns : 58
Good Member Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Guide to the Chat Box   Guide to the Chat Box Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 pm

nice guide (:
I never knew you could do /exit to exit the chatbox xD
Thanks! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.thewizard101extraordinaries.blogspot.com
Crazybunny009
Novice Gamer
Novice Gamer
Crazybunny009

Gaming Crowns : 13
Good Member Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Guide to the Chat Box   Guide to the Chat Box Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:26 pm

So that's how you go away thanks for the guide ^^
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Intiate Gamer
Intiate Gamer
Lucas

Gaming Crowns : 282
Good Member Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: Guide to the Chat Box   Guide to the Chat Box Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:31 am

Awesome! I have a feeling I will be on the chat box more and more after I cover more posts and help out all of the people who need my help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to the Chat Box   Guide to the Chat Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to the Chat Box
Page 1 of 1